Sunday 4 February 2007

Spring is coming and everything changes


What a beautiful weekend it's been - in weather terms. Normally I would find the feel of the sun and the light so uplifting, but I've been fraught about my poor remaining chicken. As you can see above, she's been trying to find her little companion. Actually, I'm sure this isn't quite true, and I am guilty of anthromorphising, but one chicken is definitely a lonely sight to behold. If all goes well, in a way, this week I will rehome her with someone who has other chickens, and we will go without for a while till we have moved north. I know it seems absolutely barmy being this soft on chickens but you wouldn't believe what chatty, funny little friends they are and especially when OH is working long shifts or nights. I will miss them so much, but I suppose it means I'll write about something else for a change.

2 comments:

Merys said...

My parents have just told me that when I go home at easter, not only will there be no baby chickens, there will be no big chickens either, as our neighbours are moving and have got rid of them.
I'm more upset about that than the neighbours, since we used to chicken sit and cockeral dodge...

Petri Fish said...

Aw. I know only too well how it feels!

 
Who links to me?