Sunday 8 April 2007

A new house, a new town, a new job

Well, it's been a hectic little period, hence no postings. We've got a new house (and here it is) in Birmingham. Amazingly smooth and hassle free purchase and now ours in return for a sizeable portion of our monthly salaries. This weekend we picked up the keys and camped out on an airbed, eating pizzas off the floor (not literally of course) and acquainting ourselves with a new location. Birmingham is dominated by roads, and scary driving prospects, and I'm not sure I will ever have the courage to do it. Meanwhile, I had two job interviews last week, necessitating a 5am start both days and an additional 5am start mid-week for our College open day which attracted a greater number of visitors than ever - several thousand. My first interview didn't go that well, and by the time of my second interview on Thursday, I was a jibbering wreck. Luckily that seemed to be what they wanted, because I was offered the job and accepted. So - here I come Coventry Uni.

Despite everything going relatively swimmingly, I am experiencing occasional quite large doses of anxiety. But when I think about everything that's going on - holding down a current job, applying for jobs and being interviewed, buying a house, plus the usual day-to-day stuff, I suppose it's not surprising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well done it is all working out for you both.

Enjoy your new home

jane

 
Who links to me?