Wednesday 25 April 2007

Fashion blues

How quickly time flies and the gaps in my blogging get longer. I've been at a lot of HE fairs recently. Seems like I've spent weeks watching identikit girls and boys (girls: vests, layers, belts, leggings, "that blue top"; boys: anything with labels on, and lots of hairstyling) shuffling by the stand. They are mostly nice when being engaged, but the odd ones are incredibly rude with that kind of 'showing off in front of friends' behaviour that makes me feel sort of wise and ancient in a strange way. I'm sure I did exactly the same kinds of things once upon a time although I was never as fashionable, it has to be said. My idea of fashion at that age left a lot to be desired, but that was also the result of being stuck in the middle of nowhere in Scotland and surrounded by hippies. One of my pinnacle moments involved a Laura Ashley dress, cowboy boots, purple hair and strings of purple beads. It is a moment that has survived in photographic form, unfortunately. I distinctly remember thinking I was *pretty* hot. So far be it from me to criticise others, but a change from high street look would be welcomed. Even the goths look better.

Meanwhile, in pictures, here's one I took of a peacock last weekend. Seems appropriate.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?