Wednesday 28 February 2007

I'm in Manchester at the UCAS HE Fair; two days, x-thousand visitors, lots of talking and promoting courses. There are about 200 other universities there too, and it's all very jolly. I've been impressed with the young people up here visiting the fair - sometimes you go to a fair and they're all really shy and won't come up to your stall - but here, they are confident, interested and full of questions. It really is a good feeling when you know you're talking to people who actually care about what they are going to do at uni, and have thought of things they want to know about. Today I had a brilliant young lady who had a long conversation with me about medicine (oh, little does she know, the poor thing). It was clear that she had really researched the different schools, the teaching methods, the career and so on. If I was still in admissions I'd have offered her a place on the spot. (Note: of course I wouldn't, that would be practically illegal).

Anyway - Manchester - impressive would-be students. Impressive Arndale Centre. Cool city. But now it's time to rest my aching feet and prepare for another day tomorrow.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?