Saturday 25 November 2006

It's the clucking weekend

Ah .. the weekend. Time to catch up with my favourite chicken shaped creatures - here they are "helping" with the gardening. They often help, pulling up flowers, scratching big muddy holes in the lawn and favourite of all, picking up twigs and leaves and rearranging them into pretend nests. We also had some fun "playing worms". This game involves me digging up the muddy ex-vegetable patch so that the chickens can grab the big fat worms nestling underneath, which they suck down like spaghetti (which they also love).
We've had two eggs almost every day for a year now, even though chickens are only supposed to lay 'from Easter to Guy Fawkes'. They are looking a bit worn out though. I feel guilty. They need a little egg free holiday.

1 comment:

Merys said...

Chickens are the thing I miss most from home!

 
Who links to me?